Saturday, August 07, 2010

BEDA10 Maplins Electronica

Woohoo so today I hung out with my brother- we had coffee and then went to Maplins! And I bought a bunch of LEDs, a soldering iron and some other electronics bits to make a tiny torch thing (for fun). I have since made... a thing, with them, but unfortunately the two rows of LEDs won't both light up, only one at a time will.. I can't work out why! So that's annoying. I should have bought a bigger circuit board to experiment with more. Ah well. I don't really know what I'm doing.






Anywayyyy I also went to TK Maxx and bought an amazing Givenchy scarf for £25 instead of £100 :O It's amazing, it's cashmere, wool and silk and has unicorns on it.

I am mega glamorous 24/7.

I also saw this fake wii nunchuck called a FunChuck, but I misread it first as Funch UK and was like wha?! What a dumb name for a product! Funch!?



And then in the Library we came across this book- Cookin' with Coolio! It seemed to just be regular recipes which was kind of a let down. I wanted it to be all ghettoey and more Coolioish.

8 comments:

davidlefool said...

Funchuk/nunchuk. I gedddit now. Bacon and eggs at the Ritz sounds great.

Danny Pettry said...

I like the picture of you --

you're so pretty -- as you always are even tho you don't think you are.

Vera said...

ohh I love your little fish tank gadget :D just saying...

rAm said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B08bVhrcB_w&feature=player_embedded

squid

Jim B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim B said...

LEDs are light emitting diodes and so conduct current in only one direction. There should be an indentation or flattened spot at the base of the LED which indicates the cathode or negative terminal.

The diodes don't appear to be assembled at random. If the rows were wired in parallel but with polarity of each row reversed only one row would light up at a time depending on how the voltage is applied

Faz said...

How much fun could a funchuck chuck if a funchuck could chuck fun?

نسلو said...

Hello you are fine You are beautiful