Tuesday, January 05, 2010

New Regime!

Ok so today is the first Monday of the new year, and the first day of my new regime. Basically, because I work from home/freelance/barely survive on youtube money, I have a lot of free time on my hands. I therefore need a lot of structure to ensure I don't just sit reading google reader posts all day long. Hence, my magical new regime.

Basically the new regime is a specific thing to be done on each day of the week. The weekends will be time off unless there's something exciting I want to get finished. I'm my own boss, afterall.

After some deliberation, the following is my masterplan:
Monday: Errands and email, paying bills, going to the post office, etc.
Tuesday: Video/art/idea brainstorming, research day (may also include day trips to museums and galleries!)
Wednesday: Collaborative work! (ie.... hanging out with my friends/day off) and movie night!
Thursday: Painting/making things day (possibly on stickam)
Friday: Video making day

Over the year, I plan to have completed atleast 50 decent youtube videos, 50 paintings, watched 50 movies I haven't before seen (generally one of each per week) and have read 12 books (one per month on average).

This sounds like the laziest, easiest plan ever, I know, but I feel like I pretty much wasted 2009 thinking other things were going to come out of stuff I was doing, and not working hard off my own back, which gets me nowhere. I don't know what even happened to last year! It has melded into one huge amorphous blob in my brain. I don't want 2010 to be like that, I want to have a bunch of stuff to be able to look at and declare 'work of 2010' with. Hopefully this is a way to do that. Any freelance work that happens on top of this will obviously take precedence, but I want to make sure I fit these things into my week so that I have structure.

Ofcourse, I will be blogging about this, may mention it in youtube videos, tweet about it, etc. We'll see. I declare 2009 OVER, and 2010 to have ARRIVED.*

*cheese to the max.


EDIT: I just searched Google Images for 'Regime' to illustrate this post with something vaguely topical and this came up! WHAATT? Oh internet, you are so wonderfully strange.

4 comments:

Jim B said...

Happy MMX Bryony!

(Was that Alfred E.?)
_

Danny Pettry said...

Read the post above. Is it your birthday? Guess so. Happy Birthday Bryony. You're the best. Love your goals for the New Year. Think they're wonderful. (especially the part about reading a book a month).

Here is a link to download a checklist for keeping your goals organized in the New Year. Print it out:

http://www.dannypettry.com/check_list.pdf

Danny Pettry said...

It is Aug... -- have you read any of the 12 books yet?

Have you created 50 youtube videos?

have you painted 50 pictures?

Are you living your life the way you want to live it?

Danny
Recreational Therapist
Creative/ Arts Therapist
Creativity Coach

Danny Pettry said...

It is Aug... -- have you read any of the 12 books yet?

Have you created 50 youtube videos?

have you painted 50 pictures?

Are you living your life the way you want to live it?

Danny
Recreational Therapist
Creative/ Arts Therapist
Creativity Coach