Tuesday, October 20, 2009

the shop

So I finally made a shop! Still not got 'round to making the banner at the top of the page smaller, but the link to 'shop' actually goes to a shop now! I spent forever one night making a site, which I then had to find hosting for, the only hosting I could find was lame free hosting with a giant ad at the top, and then the day after I put it up, it went down because it had too many visitors! Most annoying. So last night after I freaked out, I made a new temporary site on blogger. I wasn't totally happy with the shop anyway, so I suppose this gives me the opportunity/makes me have to redo it. It sells postcards and badges :)

However, I have lots to get done before the MCM expo this weekend! I am hopefully going to finish making this zine today so I can find a cheap photocopier (or try to get my dad to do it or something? If only I had my own!) to get it printed by the end of Friday!! Time is ticking away!!!

I hope people like the zine- it's kind of outside of my comfort zone to draw like I have been making myself for this, normally I draw individual things that are kind of devoid of context, but this is all about context. Anyway, I will post some of them up here soon.

Back to work!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

you may know already, but if all else fails in putting together your finished shop page, there's always etsy.com -- a lovely little site where people sell their creative endeavors of all kinds. :D just thought i'd share the site! good luck with the shop!

Danny Pettry said...

I was going to suggest etsy too. You should do both. Sell in all the places you can. ebay, etsy, and anywhere.

Hey, you should also start a newsletter. You can go to yourmailinglistpovider.com to get one started. it's the best price on the net. I'd love to read your monthly newsletter.

ALSO -- Create a book with all of your art! and sell it. You can create a free book at createspace.com. they'll sell your books on amazon. they keep a very small per cent of the profit. you set the price. have pictures of your art in your book, including: paintings, photography, and anything paper lilies. use your book to promote your youtube channel.

Bryony only - do you want a copy of my book that i created using createspace? if so, email me: dannyctrs (at) hotmail.com and i'll send you one.

Paloma said...

That's sounds great...
congratulations!
I wish I could buy you a zine...

Jim B said...

The new blogger looks great.

Good luck with the new mart.

MajorWallaby said...

MajorWallaby, who is not a pervert, wishes you good luck with the shop. I also think you could sell those squids and fruit things but they probably take a lot of time to make.

michael said...

I like the shop. Nice cool stuff.

JanuskieZ said...

Hi... Looking ways to market your blog? try this: http://bit.ly/instantvisitors