Friday, January 09, 2009

Get Digital

I subscribe to a blog called RedThreat, which has a bunch of free music to download, mostly dance disco house electro whatever (I have no idea about music terminology). There's this ONE track which I think even people who don't like that sort of music might like- it's called 'Get Digital', by some hipstery duo from Brooklyn called Purple Crush. (download/listen here) I'm blogging about it because it's littered with internet terminology, though it makes little sense. there's a whole bit that goes like "I got my hotmail, gmail, hit me on my email, yousendit, zshare, cracked copy, freeware" anyway... I think like, Calli will appreciate it and everyone else will be like 'ew I hate that sort of music ew'. I DON'T CARE! I LOVE IT! I'M LISTENING TO IT ON REPEAT RIGHT NOW AS I WRITE THIS!

6 comments:

The Pop Bitch said...

hey thanks for the post!!!

in a few months we're releasing a remix ep of the track along with a video.....

xo
isla

The Pop Bitch said...

oh yeah...

http://www.myspace.com/purplecrush

with guest appearance by leif...

http://www.myspace.com/leif

Deborah said...

I love that song! I wanted to get up and dance the whole time...especially after the 'hotmail, g-mail, hit me on my e-mail' part.

Scott said...

I never thought anyone would remake Olivia Newton-John's "Let's Get Physical"

Rob aka rlglufc said...

that's cool :D they're like a cross between Natalie Portman's Shaved Head and Hot Chip.

nice.

ZombieJesus said...

Its ok I just wish people could be more orginal and stop with the synth and start playing actual instruments.
Of all the unoriginal samplers out there physical kinda really sucks.

On the good side the lyrics are pretty cool.

purplecrush:
Im not a jerk just wanted to give a honest opinion.