Friday, December 19, 2008

Pyjamas damn you

ever since I used to watch Sabrina Explains it all (or whatever that show was which starred the girl who later starred in Sabrina the Teenage Witch)- I have always wanted some awesomely cool pyjamas. She always had really good ones. I think I remember some which had sushi printed all over them. They were generally big and roomy, and had awesome prints on them.
But! PYJAMAS SUCK!!! Ok, pyjamas themselves don't suck- I love them dearly, especialy since most days I wear them all day. But the choice of pyjamas availaboe (atleast in this fucking country) is terrible!!! There's either the bordering on sex-clothes (satiny fabrics, lace, underwires, etc), or the extreme other end of the sleepwear spectrum of childish frumpiness (winnie the pooh* or assorted other cutesy childish characters, combined with soft fabrics (an actual plus!) and either boring pale colours or lurid pink).
There are combinations of the two, and there are some which don't have any of the above trangressions of taste and style (ie, plain and boring, yet comfortable). But nothing which satisfies my comfort needs nor my style requirements for lounging around all day/sleeping at night. I don't understand why there are NO pyjamas which don't suck so much ass. It is seriously a choice between hideous and hideous.
I've been looking for about 10 years I guess (!) and still no luck. I want sushi pyjamas goddammit!!

*I HATE winnie the pooh!! PASSIONATELY!! I also don't care for snoopy, or generic teddy bears, ducks, sheep, lame messages on the shirt ('Getting my beauty sleep!' etc). Nor do I like David And goliath brand, or, sadly paul frank, possibly the closest provider of what i'm looking for.

In a perfect world I would be able to find the perfect japanese character pyjamas (ie, cinnamoroll, San X) or just cool/unusual printed pjs, in my size (alas, japanese ones would likely be xxxsmall). I'd love some with cowboys on them, maybe anchors/sailor motifs, sushi as I said, fruits?? Anything not lame, basically.

Ahem. Glad I got that off my chest!!

15 comments:

Simon said...

look into Hospital surgical scrubs - seriously - very damn comfortable - you will need to stencil your own patterns on them though.

JJC1138 said...

Umm. First hit on Google?

http://www.thecatspjs.com/sushi-flannel.html
http://www.thecatspjs.com/sushi-poplin.html

They also have cowgirls, but no cowboys, sadly.

Aicila65 said...

I freaking loved Clarissa Explains it all I always wanted a boy next door to come through my window haha and also to have a turtle in a huge kiddy pool! Amazing! I agree with the scrubs comment you should check into them I have a few pairs and I love being in them at times..cuz there soo roomy and comfy!

alanasays said...

Peter Alexander makes amazing pjs you could probably order over the net.

It's annoying you can't get cool pjs in stores though. That's the same here. :-)

NusaCat said...

Cowboy PJ's are easy to google too. Finding it at prices you are willing to pay is another thing entirely.

The scrubs idea is good too. There are oodles of places that make different prints for scrubs. Hunt around.

psycoticsinginchick said...

"Clarissa Explains it All" was an awesome show! And I loved her tights. I always wanted to find those.

She also convinced me to play flute. Which I didn't use as a dog whistler.

wheresmycrown said...

I don't know how you would fell about shopping at walmart but...

what about Cupcakes? http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10333662

Jim B said...

Obviously, they don't have "cupcake" jammies in the UK.

(The series was entitled Clarissa Explains It All.)

e.m.m.y said...

Well, if you get to come to Spain at any point in time we have 2 quite decent places for jimjams : womensecret.com and oysho.com
I think womensecret has international shipping, but I'm not sure how much it would be! HTH!

Miguel said...

dumb fat people are funny!

ZombieJesus said...

http://www.luckyshipper.com/pix/sushipj3.jpg

ZombieJesus said...

more detailed
http://search.stores.ebay.com/Luckyshipper_sushi-pajamas_W0QQfcdZ2QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfsnZLuckyshipperQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQislcZ0QQpqryZsuQ20shiQ20pajamasQQsaselZ8868264QQsofpZ0

Goose said...

Oh yea Clarissa explains it all, one day your watching it like usual, then the next episode she was living in a different house with two strange women and a talking cat. Then i realized they were supposed to be different shows.

PJ's are over rated anyway, slippers and dressing gowns are all you need.

BeckyMae said...

I loooove PJ's too...I once went to a "heaven and hell" party in mine coz that is my idea of heaven....

There is a great designer here in Australia who only does sleepwear. It's pretty funky but remember our seasons are backwards so we have summer stuff at the mo....BUT as it's all in AUD you should get a bloody bargain!

http://www.peteralexander.com.au/

xo Bexta

katie said...

i think you mean clarissa explains it all. best show ever!