Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Movinggg

So as you may or may not know, I'm moving out!! Yes, I've lived in the same house my entire life, save those months in California and three years at uni. I'm moving in with a friend of mine and I forwent having a large room for the tiny one so we could use the large one as a living room and work space. It's very exciting and I can't wait! We've been planning out how to redecorate the living room, so far it looks like it's going to be green feature walls, and some much needed shelves, and I've been planning my room- I am going for a late 50s/early 60s look, a la Mad Men. Not sure what colour to paint the walls, but I DO have an awesome 60s dressing table, which I bought at a charity shop, which I hesitate to call awesome due to their crappy non-delivery of said dressing table, though the stuff they have there is awesome, and it is a charity shop and how good can you really expect their delivery service to be? other than that, I have a small table which I have had for ages which is of the era, and the dressing table came with a matching headboard... I'm thinking about getting a nice wardrobe for it from the same place, depending on the status of the dressing table after the no show today.
Also thinking about buying some retro wallpaper to paper one wall. I'm pretty much treating the design of my new room like an Animal Crossing house- sticking with not perfect stuff till I can buy or find or swap the PERFECT thing which matches my fruit-theme or in this case 50s themed room.
I was going to shell out a fortune on a big ikea doible bed, but the room is pretty small so I'm goin to stick with the single bed that's already there for now and see how I manage. It will be the first time (in my life!) that I won' have to have ALL my posessions in one single room. I'm gonna store a bunch of my craft things and paint and what not in the shed, and some stuff will stay at my house for the time being.

Yeah so that's that post! Hah, don't know how interesting that was. It's exciting to me.

6 comments:

Jim B said...

Was that your Mum and Dad with Alan at the WWD premiere? They seemed to be a very pleased to be there. And I guess you'll all miss each other with the move.

RnB said...

I love that you reference Animal Crossing. Now that's a series that needs some reinvention.

I was always partial to the Exotic Theme in that game. I just loved the stuff in it.

j0ames said...

I'm going to comment on this is the nerdiest way possible.
But I loved the fact you compared your house to Animal Crossing and not the Sims :)
IF YOU GET ANIMAL CROSSING WII WE SHOULD EXCHANGE FRIEND CODES. Yaaaa?

JustJordan said...

YAY! OMG BRYONE THIS IS SO EXCITING! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU, BUT MORE SO FOR US!

Now we don't have to tell your parents we're doing "yoga" when they hear those noises in your room.

NusaCat said...

Happy for you!

bargarden said...

do you know the manufacturer of your dressing table or could you give me any other info about it - I love it!!