Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Le Metro Montreal

I like underground train networks- I am used to and love using the london underground (most of the time) and find that once I have gotten to grips with using a city's subway system I feel much more at home and thus enjoy travelling around it. The Montreal Metro system seems pretty cool- wide Parisian-esque platforms (of course), fairly good signage, clean, wide carriages... All in all quite nice, and cheaper than London too (again, of course- everything is cheaper than london!)

Anyway, I've used the Metro quite a bit the last week and here are some photos from it.

IMG_5509

IMG_5505

IMG_5495
The fucking nazi-ass traindriver shut the door on me today!!! They seriously give you like 0.5 seconds to get on the damn thing. FUCKING MONTREAL. You gave me a bruise!

IMG_5530

IMG_5517

IMG_5515

IMG_5531

IMG_5528

IMG_5522

IMG_5523

IMG_5520

IMG_5519

IMG_5579

IMG_5577

IMG_5573

6 comments:

the ting tings said...

Hey !

httprover said...

tres chic!

JustJordan said...

Monteal's underground is very neat and modern. I actually really liked London's underground, because it seems like it was dirtier than what I can see from your pictures. I don'w know what it it, I just love filth. :)

Jordan

SuperJV said...

couple of cool shots here, actually. good sense of color/pattern/geometry

aspire2enquire said...

There's a really fun use of colour and shapes there, sounds like somewhere I would take as many pictures myself... but I think my favourite thing has to be the little court hammer icon for the fine in the doors sign, it's nice and clear whether you speak French or not. I've been thinking about writing a post about Spanish/English bilingual design in New York, seems like they could learn a thing or three from Montreal

NusaCat said...

Careful, lest you invoke Godwin's law!