Friday, July 04, 2008

Shared Google Reader items!

Woo!
So as I have blogged before, I am addicted to using google reader. It's revolutionised how I use the internet! Basically, you subscribe to blog and other updated websites, and then the reader puts it all in one place for you to read. As the blogs are updated, the posts get put into your reader. It's basically exactly the same as subscribing to someones videos on youtube, except written blog posts.
It's part of the stuff you have when you sign up for gmail, which, if you haven't started using yet, you're lame.

Anyways! The reason I harp on about it once again is because now they've made it so you can see the things I 'share' from that, ie, when I read a post I love, I 'share' it, and its now on it's very own website (and that widget thing to the right of this blog).

So there you go! As you can see, most of the items i share are LOLcats. So sue me :P
Now that I can share them with more than just the 3 other people I know who use Reader, I will endeavour to actually share more than cute cats and shit.

9 comments:

Infoholic UK said...

Google Reader is good, but have you tried Netvibes or Bloglines ? Same thing, better interfaces, more gizmos.

Dave said...

"The European microstates can eat my dick" was pretty funny. I especially liked:

"When WWI ended, the Versailles treaty failed to include Andorra because everyone had forgotten it existed, with the result that Andorra tried to declare war on Germany in 1939 only to discover that it already had."

Hey, wait a minute. Why aren't you in hiding? Don't you realize that today is the 4th of July? What do you do on this day--pay homage to a shrine of King George III or something like that? At today's BBQ celebration, I'm going to have a giant cheeseburger on you, Paperlilies.

Claudia said...

I've been using Google Reader for a couple months to subscribe to things, but not until now did I know what the sharing feature actually did, so thanks! haha.

obsessedpotterfan said...

I love Google Reader. I've been using it for a couple of months and I dunno what I would do without it.

crazy-gabrielle said...

You know, Yahoo does the same thing.

mpinney said...

if you use firefox 3.. then theres a plug in called feedly, which is far more flexible it lets you highlight things you share n stuff :) and if you have online profiles (as you clearly do..) you can import the friends lists :) just a heads up!

sweetcharade518 said...

I read this on google reader :-)

Eshniner Forest said...

I have friends that work for google. They get free meals & hardly ever have to buy food. Pretty neat! :)

The new version of fire fox is pretty nice as well.

disneykid1 said...

i'm so addicted to google reader, too.
i always read your shared items! i've found some really good blogs through them. =)