Monday, May 19, 2008

I feel inspired and also i have a tumblr blog

The internet.
I have a relationship with it. It's morphed so many times for me throughout my time using it. From being something I passively used, to something I started using in an active, interactive way, to something I had entire relationships via, and increasingly, back to something I use in a passive way. It will change more and more I'm sure.
My core group of online friends has changed. I miss you Mark, Kim and Paul. I truly do. I'm happy for you all because I know you are living your lives and that's good because I love you and want you to get the best from your own lives. Though I hope we are friends for a long time in some way.

When I went to New York, I was surprised to make new friends. I didn't expect that to happen with youtube again- making new friends is probably my favourite thing to do, it is like finding new colours in the spectrum that you didn't realise were there before. I'm excited about them. The more friends I make I feel like the more grounded I am and attached to the planet. I could go to so many places around the world and know someone who would have a coffee with me there and show me a good place to eat. That is amazing and wonderful and if there were gods of the internet I would praise them.

I can't sleep. I think I might be coming into a phase of creativity and unstability, which seem to go hand in hand, I've realised. That's a good thing though- I've gotten kind of bored of things as they are currently. I have been casting around for inspiration lately and I might have found some. A seam of inspiration to be mined. Today I did some paintings, apropos of nothing, and it seems like much too long since that has happened. I have a thirst to draw and paint and write and maybe even film and edit!

This post has no direction or conclusion.

Oh check out my tumblr blog if you want. I am going to use it mostly for random links cause it's super simple to post links to things on it rather than going through this rigmarole every time I want to keep a note of something. Nathan- you should use tumblr, it would make your life easier!

11 comments:

roygbiv said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave said...

Understood.

--N-- said...

I love Tumblr. It killed my blogger.

Eshniner Forest said...

i find the internet to be lonely at times. I put effort into communicating w/ folks daily but attract little attention. Folks are shy... I think.

Eshniner Forest said...

oh your last 2 blogs are quite well written & have a positive outlook & thats great! :)

alexis! said...

eshniner forest, that was well put.

you're lucky if you find nice people on the internet. it's a wonderful form of communication, but most people don't really seem open to it.

SuperJV said...

'tis good that you're feeling creative.

cheekychen said...

yeah.

diane said...

i have to say that i really do agree with Eshniner Forest and alexis! it's wonderful that you have found such great friends via the internet. sometimes i feel so unnoticed online. not that i'm looking for attention. that's not me. but maybe that is my problem...do i need to be an attention seeker to compete with the millions of people out there in the blogosphere or on youtube? answer me this paperlilies...what am i doing wrong? i love making new friends...but online i feel almost (if not more) invisible as i was in high school. eeekk!!!

Pixie said...

The reason I started watching you and reading your blog is because of your creativity. Kepp it up :)

I'm glad you made friends in New York too. I think making friends gets harder as you get older.

JustJordan said...

I love getting bursts of creativity. It's the best feeling in the world.