Monday, January 21, 2008

Not going to be on TV show

Um, I haven't written about this because it was secret or something. I wasn't really sure what the deal was. I hate being secretive! It hurts my soul.

Anways, I was contacted a while back about this tv show that was going to be happening, in which Lily Allen was going to host a show about internet memes (or something or other). Originally they wanted me to film a question for their star guest (and maybe as one of my wacky characters!!!!*) but then they changed their mind and wanted me to be a guest on the pilot show! Which I was sort of excited about, (despite seeing Lily Allen at a music festival where she seemed to be kind of a bit rude :/) but anyways, long story short, now it's not happening cause of Lily Allen having had a miscarriage. I kind of figured it wouldn't happen once I heard that news so I wasn't too upset- I imagine a silly TV show is the least of her worries and I hope she's ok and all (they told me she's a big fan, but I don't really believe them... but if you are reading this, Lily, um, hi)

They called me the other day to say (in a quite vague way) that they didn't need me any more and that (I think) the show is being moved back, or is cancelled, or something. Anyway, I don't think they will call me back because I got a bit snippy with them when they kept changing their minds about what they wanted me to do, and calling me at work and demanding videos to be sent to them by 3 pm and such like. I really like my job and even though my boss seems pretty easy going with things like that, it's my day job, and I can't just drop everything cause some producer people can't make up their minds! /diva mode.

So yeah, this is sort of a lame post I guess, but there it is. That was something that was maybe going to happen and now looks like it's not. It has raised a lot of questions in my mind because I don't know that I like the way mainstream media seems to look at my youtube stuff like I am some sort of performer desperate to leap onto TV, and will do anything for that shot at fame. I am really happy to be considered for anything like that, and that people think I have some modicum that could possibly translate in some way, but I feel quite pressured over it as it is not something I ever really for one moment before considered was a path my life might take. I don't feel like I could live up to the challenge of being funny on demand, being funny for a living.

Well, anyway, sorry this is kind of vague. There are other things that I am talking to different people about right now, and what with youtube being lame as usual lately, who knows where things will go.


*I am not a clown.

11 comments:

Kimberl(eigh)y said...

Dance, puppet, dance!

I was sorry when I heard her news :( I hope she is okay. <3

NusaCat said...

Clowns are scary. You don't want to be one!

davidhok said...

Paperlilies if they look at you like your trying to get onto tv as an actress I say like take em by storm but dont do a talk show where you have to be on constantly, I say do movies, Yea!

WildbillthePirate said...

Bri,

We are ALL clowns. It's just that Most of us aren't even a little funny or interesting, for that matter. We are Fools for Love,for Hope, we like to make Others Happy & will go to ridiculous lengths to do it.

I was happy to read that you weren't "Playing the Game" with them. They want to see how badly you want to do their bidding. All of us Know you're a Class Act & don't have to jump at every opportunity.

I personally think you could do those things, if you really wanted to; but then again You can do almost ANYTHING you set your mind to! Cheers!

Cornelius Prime said...

Girl you got a crazy little thing called integrity.
Respec.

SuperJV said...

this whole post reminds me of Caitlin's rebellion against similar outside pressures. (which I thought was quite admirable of her, actually).

The thing is, YT, vloging, & etc, is really a different art form apart from MSM and show biz, this is something MSM doesn't get of course, hence you becoming the 'comedianne' in newspaper articles and the like. They have to assign you to something...

i think you have a good attitude about it all...

Anonymous said...

lily was seen going to the studio to film 'lily allen and friends' today so its not cancelled.

kruegervision said...

Hi, Bryony
Your nobodys fool, Some people if the had the oppotunity to do tv, the would talk different. But you stay grouned and focust on more important things than tv like your real job. Through I find it great that you get recognition for the things you do. But sadly it turned out that they called you a internet Comedienne and your cannel is show channel not a vlog channel what in fact the majority of it is they should have watched it better.
But you still stay on your two feet and i admire that. if you find it insulting what i have writen because i don`t know you as a person in real life, i am sorry for that.
Greetings from Germany

Hema said...

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article3216720.ece

read that.. i think shes still doing it.. it was on perezhilton today (21/1)

Isabelle (Bel) said...

REALLY?? YOU ARE NOT A CLOWN???
[why did you write that?]

Staticharge said...

Here's the kind of people Youtube is catering to these days, it seems. They're busy helping "her" remove peoples' videos and ban people who don't agree with her narrow religious beliefs, while she's busy responding with hate about everything and everyone she doesn't like, including the British.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSC_U1fiYko


If you leave Youtube, this is what we'll be stuck with..!