Friday, December 21, 2007

Questionnaire it like its 2001

Kim did this on her blog, so I thought I would steal it and do it for my blog in a myspace style.

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. First job ever: Work experience at a toy shop. Which was freaking awesome despite my non-love of kids.
2. video producer working for almost nothing before being manipulated into presenting videos for products I would never be able to buy on my pitiful wage.
3. ADMIN! how exciting
4. graphic designer! (london and san fran dont you know)

BONUS ROUND!
uh... I have worked at both my parents places of work and also had a Saturday job in a pharmacy which I hated because I was scared that I would accidentally kill someone and it payed below minimum wage somehow despite being a national chain.

B) Four movies I would watch over and over:
1. Some Like It Hot
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark
3. Groundhog Day
4. Spirited Away

BONUS ROUND!
Times I went to the cinema (and payed) to watch The Faculty: 3
Times I graduated secondary school and got the wrong bus, necesetating a long walk in really hard rain along the motorway to eventually dry my wet through fancy suit under bathroom hairdryers before somehow falling though a toilet door... to see The Faculty at the cinema: 1

C) Four places I have lived:
1. London
2. Leeds
3. Oakland
4. uh... that is all!

BONUS ROUND!
somewhere else. Not London. Or atleast not the very end of the night bus route.

D) Four TV Shows that I watch:
1. World's Strongest Man
2. Have I got News For You
3. Never Mind The Buzzcocks
4. Heroes
5. CSI!!

BONUS ROUND!
Shows I got obsessed with even though clearly for an age range lower than mine: Pokemon, Run Of The House, Sweet Sixteen, Life As We Know It. (many many more)

E) Four (interesting) places I have been:
1. NYC
2. Las Vegas
3. Paris
4. Munich

BONUS ROUND!
Countries I have visited: England doesn't count, France, Spain, Corsica (technically France), Germany, Belgium, Majorca, Italy, America..... the Isle of Wight!
Creepiest place I have ever been which I hated despite all my family loving it: Bishop, NV
Creepiest place we all agreed was fucking Psycho-esque: Muir Lodge on the edge of Yosemite. It had fucking tarantulas, people.

F) People who e-mail me (regularly):
1. Kim
2. Mail Delivery Subsystem
3. random people I don't know
4. Laura

BONUS ROUND!
Person I probably email the most: Kim

G) Four of my favorite foods:
1. Halloumi cheese
2. buffalo mozarella
3. fresh cucumber
4. chocolate in pretty much any and all shapes and forms.
(NB, I want to add like 100 things to this)

BONUS ROUND!
Top favorite food to hate: anything not identifiable in terms of meat. Ie, anything entrailey, fatty, boney, scaley, etc. No fucking kidneys, liver, etc. *shudder*

H) Four places I would rather be right now:
1. asleep!
2. South California soaking up the sun and nothing else into my empty Hilton brain
3. NYC living a fabulous life of fire escape sitting on-ness
4. Missouri at Kims house to see what its really like! hah

BONUS ROUND!
Place I have visited the most outside of a reasonable driving radius from where I was living: Boscastle and the north bits of Cornwall. That is the best part of this country I don't care what you say. (also Abergavenny in Wales is very beautiful)

I) Things I am looking forward to this year:
1. Getting my visa (fingers crossed)
2. 888 YouTube meetup
3. life, darling!
4. getting more design work (fingers crossed!!)

BONUS ROUND!
In my wildest dreams, this year I would... travel across America and visit like 100 of my favourite subscriptions on youtube

J) Four of my favourite books! (I added this one):
1. Survivor by stupid Chuck Palahniuk (who I am actually totally bored of now)
2. Generation X by Douglas Coupland (or whatever by him, I can't remember)
3. Alice In Wonderland by CS Lewis
4. Jules Verne books (Around the World in 80 days, Journey To The Centre of The Earth, etc)
(edited- i was tired)

BONUS ROUND!
Book I have read the most amount of times that I wasn't forced to by school or something: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk (during my angry young man phase)
Favourite art book: Meet Mr Product

K) Four favourite artists
1. Barbara Hepworth (only cause I was reminded of her because of the sculpture by her stuck on the side of John Lewis in Oxford St. If you ever get the chance- go to her house and garden museum in St Ives in Cornwall!)
2. Pierre Et Gilles
3. Takashi Murakami
4. Araki?
(I am so tired now.. I will probably change this later. If I remember. If not... then not.

Picture used to love and now don't care for: Christina's World by Andrew Wyeth







I am going back to bed.

13 comments:

britmys said...

Alice in Wonderland was written by Lewis Carroll, not C.S. Lewis (think Narnia, The Screwtape Letters, Perlandria).

Anulab said...

While Robert Louis Stevenson's "Around the World in 80 Days" is pretty good, I tend to prefer Jules Verne's "Treasure Island"...

Pythaggie said...

Generation X is one of my favorite books... Partly because I grew up in Palm Springs, and partly because, well, it's Douglas Coupland, and I love pretty much everything he has written.

Anonymous said...

britmys is right. I looked it up on wikipedia. Lewis Carroll was his pen name and real name was "The Reverend Charles Lutwidge Dodgson". It also said he may have been into psychedelic drugs and paedophilia. A little more than I needed to know...

Alison said...

Jules Verne wrote "Around the World in 80 Days" and "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" did he not?

H.I.C.T. said...

.

And tonight: Paperlilies does Meme!

:P

.

GrimBrin said...

Your list has just reminded me of one of the most awesomest movies of all time which i had somehow forgotten about.

Cornelius Prime said...

Paperlilies are you an Insomniac?

pantouffle said...

Hey, we have a friend in common, 'Mail Delivery Subsystem' e-mails me all the time as well!

(no seriously, that was funny, lol)

NusaCat said...

Places I've lived: USA(Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Virgina(DC area), California), Finland, Pakistan, Japan.

Other places I've visted: all 50 states, Mexico, Canada, Panama, Peru, Italy, Soviet Union(pre-breakup), Sweden, Jamaica.

Places I've not been to yet includes New Zealand, UK and Australia.

Movie I want to see again: "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World"

Anonymous said...

Use to do lots of that no sleep thingy too; even did a week without sleep once for a laugh. But life's more fun with sleep!

"Spirited Away" looks so good it nearly knocks you eyeballs out!

Tucker said...

8/8/08 is my 19th birthday yo! I just figured that out, how exciting.

butterfly2729 said...

Halumi cheese? Oh god my husband loves that - he's an Arab!

Worlds strongest Man - can I just ask WHY?? didn't think you would be the sort really hehe....