Monday, December 31, 2007

How to wear a set of cheap indian jewellery

Ok, so I sent Kim this necklace set that I got in an indian jewellery store. She was confused about something or other so I made this photoset to explain in pictures how you are supposed to wear the different bits of it.

You have to part your hair in the centre first. Like... so.

Then you have to pull the tie back...


see? which frees up the string to go round your head.

then you tighten it back up again.

then the earrings (these are froma different set, hence the different colour) go on like any regular earrings, except....

they have dangly long chains on them too.
these have hooks on the ends.
you have to put them up and hook them into your hair.

then there's the middle one which should go in the middle of your forhead, and then the chain goes up into your hair (this is my favourite bit!)
I put blutack on the back of mine cause I didn't have any sticky pads.

it looks cooler if you can do your hair in a 60s puff sort of a thing.

I tried to do my hair differently in this picture.... but yeah.

11 comments:

Kimberl(eigh)y said...

sweeet!!!

that last picture is the most beautiful of you I've ever seen. *saves to desktop*

Sparrow said...

OMG I looove those earrings...and the necklace!!

bikenik said...

Ah, a beautiful Indian Princess. :D

tejayce said...

nice tutorial, now kim has to post pictures of herself puting on the jewellery! :)

ZipDudeAh said...

Ohhhh, that's how they're worn. Silly me, I've been wearing mine all wrong. Thank you Bryony, you're a lifesaver!

Anonymous said...

that was amazing.

CatchFlipsidE said...

Ya look like a model in the second shot.

ladadidah said...

lol! As an Indian myself, I think you make a beautiful honorary Indian and have truly mastered the art of wearing Indian jewellery (which is GOLD). yays for Bryony!

peace♥
Sugandha

Little Miss TBA said...

you look fantastic!

Andy said...

amaziiiiing post ! :)

Rose Lee said...

Good information dear. some latest and beautiful Indian Jewelery Designs to share