Saturday, December 22, 2007

*breathe* the aftermath

So a couple of people saw me on the news and in the papers, mostly I have been contacted by people I already knew or who already watched my videos who were surprised to see me elsewhere.

Someone messaged me this just now on youtube:
"listen i am a normal guy from lincoln, i just want to say that we sould chat because i need to understand why you are spoiling yourself, so have so much potential."

haha what?? Whatever dude.

I have been totally wired the last few days and I finally feel a little bit of calm descending. I wrapped my presents today and realised I need to buy some more for my parents quick smart. I am really disappointed in how bad my presents are this year- normally I shop really early (from about September) but unfortunately have had next to no time and its so close now! I will go buy some more tomorrow. Its not so much the time buying them, more the time thinking what to get. *sigh*

Oh oh I was in another paper today- The Star, which is national! They said that "TV offers have been flooding in!" hahahah that is so untrue!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should watch long way down with charlie boorman and ewan mcgregor. it's an epic journey. i decided to comment on that as it probably makes about as much sense as what the lincoln bloke said.

Anonymous said...

I heard through the grapevine that your parents got you a Taser X26 and Mace Triple Action Pocket Model for Christmas.

As for the man from Lincoln, you should give back to your fans and send him a link to "Elements of Style" by Strunk & White. That should send the right message.

"TV offers flooding in"--they will. It's only a matter of time, now. A few more strategic PL strikes over the next few months, and something will break, if not earlier.

Dave

laura shopping babe said...

hi paperlilies,

check out website www.swwmedia.com

they want to manage your media
career and get you a 'TV deal'.

that's really cool

go girlfriend !

Anonymous said...

Breathings always Good!

Be great to see you get a TV deal.

When is someone going to make you some desktop wallpaper?

Anonymous said...

You can't please them all, but they will still call.

At least you get messages and comments.

ZipDudeAh said...

I speak dude fluently but even I had trouble understanding the guy from Lincoln. (Bryony, if I don't get the chance later, I want to wish you, Alan, and your family a very happy Christmas!)

SuperJV said...

if you do go with something in MSM, don't do it unless they let you be yourself, and you feel instinctually right about it.

JJC1138 said...

I'm impressed that the time interval between media attention and tabloid lies is actually less than 24 hours these days. That's some efficient bullshit.

In other news, I think someone was a little jealous about the "Queen of YouTube" title: apparently this channel just launched today!

streakfreak said...

About your appearance in the Star:
Was it on page 3 by any chance? ;^)

Seriously dude... you should get an agent. You could end up with a regular spot on TV if you play your cards right. I bet most of your fanbase is a very desirable demographic for advertisers. I've seen TV presenters who don't have half of what you have. You should pursue it B... you know you're the shiznit!

NusaCat said...

I hope you do get a TV offer. Whether or not you take it is beside the point.

SimUK said...

And another:

"Comedienne Bryony Matthewman becomes YouTube celeb"

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celeb_news/Comedienne_Bryony_Matthewman_becomes_YouTube_celeb_article_171079.html

Anonymous said...

I hope you get some good offers because you have a great sense for comedy!

Guess Who? Magick and Science said...

people just skim through all that material. the itv appearance is just the sort of thing people dash off to the toilet during. You need to think of all the people throughout Greater London who decided to urinate when they saw you on their televisions.