Wednesday, December 05, 2007

back from Leeds

AEEE!
I am sorry for being so slack with updates! I still love you baby, come on, gimme that sugar, I missed you!

so yeah I went to Leeds to hang out with my excellent chums Andy and Laura, who I met whilst I did my degree up there. It was awesome hanging out with them! It has been FAR too long.

I did find it eerie visiting Leeds again, as the last time I went there it was still full of my old uni friends- now it feels a little bit empty and strange to me. Also everyone seemed to be about 13. I was struck with memories of how I felt when I was at university, and how much I took the feeling of being able to go out whenever you wanted for granted, and how you really never get to be like that ever again. And of having your whole group of friends like that in the same place all at once- never again also.

Anyway, aside from that melancholy, I actually had a really good time! I went to see The Darjeeling Ltd, (totally awesome!) at the Hyde Park Picture House, which is this cool little old cinema in Hyde Park (LS6!), went shopping a bunch, went to the Hifi Club and to the German Market.... We also drank a bunch and took retarded pictures and made them into blingees.

I realise how it might appear that I am being paid by that website to promote them, but I am not- I just got fascinated by it briefly. I think I am over it now.... OR AM I!? Only time will tell.

Anyway, I wanted to say thankyou to Laura for cooking delicious meals and all that- your room is dead nice... and I am now hungry for that goyza thing which I dropped on the floor- those things have crack in them I think.

I will post pictures as soon as I figure out what to do with my phone to make them upload.

11 comments:

Justin R. said...

I normally email the pictures from my phone to my email to upload them.

Sounds like you had fun. I miss college too. Life can get... restricting, and I never really took advantage of all college freedom had to offer.

streakfreak said...

I'm glad you had such a blast this weekend.

I wish I had gone to university. I started on that road, but never followed through.

GrimBrin said...

That's so true about Uni only in hindsight did I appreciate just how Cruisey and sweet it was in comparison to the harsh realities of life and working for The MAN.

Bebo Guru said...

Welcome back! More pics for your Fan Group at www.bebo.com/paperliliesbebo (you still havn't added me as a friend :'( No biggee...

Love those giant cookies!

equus said...

Having watched you on YT for some time I find it somewhat odd to READ you now, you know? It's like 2 really different experiences of a person. Strange. :)

CatchFlipsidE said...

Really enjoy reading your blogs. It's really nice to be able to hear about just what's going on your way these days. I missed that from your old YouTube style, but you're back at it again in written form :)

H.I.C.T. said...

.

I still love you baby, come on, gimme that sugar, I missed you?

You are going crazy Bryony...

.

Anonymous said...

Love that your Blogs going so well and we're only too happy for you if you can make some money from things on your blog if only to make up a little for the raw deal with youtube.
Then you can take more trips when the fancy takes you and share them all with us greedy little devils.

LittleMissKit said...

Hmmm... I nearly went to the German Market after work but was too tired. Probably a good thing cos if I saw you I might have gone all weird "fan girl" like for no reason! lol... Yeh, I'm weird like that!

vclamp said...

Hyde Park Picture House is an interesting place indeed. More through here:
http://cinematreasures.org/theater/1836/

I can't place the style, but that's fine.

I'm glad you had a fun time with your friends. :)

Magick and Science said...

Imagine the conversation between Andy and Laura before Bryony arrives.


LAURA: Um, Bryony's gonna be staying..

ANDY: (sharp intake of breath, long sigh, pauses): oh, how long?

LAURA: I told her we were going on holidays so she'll just be here a couple of days.

ANDY: You're a smart girl.