Friday, November 23, 2007

I WANT THESE!!!

I WANT THESE

I know I will wear them for 10 minutes and theywill be uncomfortable and probably I will never even leave the house, but all I can think about is if I should get them in

purple

gold!
black
or silver!


I just can't deciiiide!!

OK but there is also an actual point- These are $45 on the US site and £30 on the UK site. This is totally out of order!! As you may or may not know (you ought to know) the dollar currently is worth about half a pound. The exchange rate has passed $2 to £1. So logically these should be $60 on the US site, or £22.50 on the UK site, if it was equal.

I know they have to ship them and all that kind of jazz, but whatever, That is a large discrepancy. I shouldn't have to pay an extra $15 for the exact same piece of clothing just because I live in the UK.

The postage on these might end up costing more, but not THAT much more. So in the end, I went through the site picking things I want to buy which I will have sent to one of my US friends and then get her to send them to me! ha! in your face, American Apparel! (I'll pay her back the postage.. I love you kim!)

So yeah. I want them super badly. But I don't want to be ripped off in the process!

14 comments:

Little Miss TBA said...

I like the silver one. But honestly, they are all ugly. xP

NusaCat said...

Yup. $45 + $0 sales tax (not charged if no actual store in destination state) + US shipping + reshipping to UK. I'm not real clear on UK customs, but I'm guessing if it's declared a gift you avoid the VAT also. You smuggler!

bigheadandtinyeyes said...

Um... Yeah... I'm glad that you found something sparkling that pulled out your interest...
but... I personally don't want to imagine the 'Bryony+sparkling span-pants.'
It just doesn't seem ......right.

Don't get angry or get pissed by it.

Maybe I'm too old to embrace that kind of feature as the outfit....

manapa99 said...

omg those would complete my 80's hairband rocker wardrobe, yes!!!!

hahaha
they're interesting... i suppose you'd have fun with them lol
good luck with that. Hope you get them

Anonymous said...

You do realise that you MUST do a YouTube video about these when they arrive... ;-p

BadAlbert said...

Spangly disco ninja is all I'm saying...

Anonymous said...

What do you need them for? :)

tejayce said...

i hope you make a vid once you have them. i would like to see how they look on a human that has a whole body. i guess even though they look awesome by themselves .. it will be quite hard to find compatible clothes.

if you really end up using them only for 10min, maybe they can at least serve some kind of purpose in a video? i bet you can come up with some creative idea ;)

faenda said...

don't listen to the crazy people (hey guys, you forgot to tell her to only wear plain t-shirts and jeans for the rest of her life) - those are awesome! i would high five anyone wearing them. ("sparkling tights five!")

Rachelle said...

Me thinks you should get the purple ones!

Anonymous said...

Gold or Black.

Dave

Linear Zap said...

The gold ones are the best IMO.

Amy said...

Totally go for the purple. Or maybe gold. But purple first.

Also, what everyone said about a video. Those pants are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

gold would be the most wearable.