Monday, November 06, 2000

About and FAQ!

'Paperlilies' is Bryony Matthewman, a 25 year old girl who lives in London. After completing a degree in graphic design, she started making videos on Youtube in May of 2006. The mix of humour, art and her 'cool accent', made her a hit on the site, and she currently has over 40,000 subscribers, and over 16 million total video views!

In the Summer of 2008, Bryony embarked on a mission to try to create a full length feature film via the internet, with help from her internet friends. As of now, a script has been finalised and some small scenes have been shot, and she hopes to finish the film sometime in 2009.

As well as being a youtube partner, Bryony has also made some commercial videos for various corporations, and most recently was followed by the BBC in a webseries called 'Bryony Makes A Zombie Movie', of which a half hour documentary will be shown on television on BBC3 in the UK during November. Other TV work includes 'Rude Tube' a documentary series on E4, for which she was interviewed about her youtube videos. She has also been covered in numerous newspapers both in the UK and America. When not making videos, Bryony is an illustrator, artist and graphic designer.

FAQ:
Why did you start making videos?
Because I watched a lot of the video blogs that other people posted, and I thought 'hey I could totally do this myself!' And so I did! I also wanted to bring a British face to the site, as most of the people on there at the time were American. All it took was a broadband connection and the built in isight camera in my imac, and imovie that came free with the computer.

Where did the name 'Paperlilies' come from?
I enjoy origami (because apparently I am an old lady), and one of the only things I can make off by heart is a lily. And when I was trying to think of a name for youtube the name came to me. Paperlily wasn't quite right, so I made it into the plural. It wasn't the most considered screenname ever but then again I doubt many are! I like it better than... sexiibebe4000 or something anyhow!

Do you want to be famous or something?
Not really. Infact, the more 'famous' I've become on the internet, the stranger and less attractive the concept of being famous becomes. Atleast if I was famous on TV I might get free stuff from shops? I started making videos on youtube to interact with the vlogging community, and I've made so many amazing friends, from all around the world through it, who I'd never otherwise have met. That's why I make videos, not for some strange hope of fame.

Isn't is supposed to be spelled with three L's?
It might look like it should, and I checked it a bunch of times when I first signed up, but no, it's spelled Paperlilies, not Paperlillies.

Uh... I wrote these FAQ's myself, so if you have any questions you want to ask, leave a comment and I will try to answer it!

5 comments:

Zack said...

FIRST!- Oh, wait. Let me put that in the form of a question. FIRST?!

Dr. Nigel Hawthorne said...

So...this is cool. I'm old and wise and I keep looking for the marketing tie in or the gimmick. This can't be genuine. It is too smart and funny. It's the first time I've looked into YouTube to see what all the fuss was about and I somehow stumbled on to Vincent Price. Very funny and charming. Wonderful Britney Spears! Love when you read the nasty email comments. But still...what is the catch? This is some sort of marketing tool developed by sweaty over paid rainmakers and made to appear
hip and the harmless innocent fun of a member of the BOB generation. Or it should be! Well done.

iman said...

Congratulations on all your accomplishments. I'm actually going through your videos to learn how your success developed. I've found them very entertaining and a joy to watch. So thank you. I must say that after the 5th video I started to see a resemblance with the American actress Drew Barrymore, have you gotten that before? I suppose so. Anyways, congratulations on youTube success.

Romina Serna said...

Oh my good i0ve only listened you like for 10 minutes and now i totally adore you..!!!
your sooo cool..!!! pff really u r like my new hero..!!
well just wanted u to know..
kisses

Romina Serna said...

Oh my good i0ve only listened you like for 10 minutes and now i totally adore you..!!!
your sooo cool..!!! pff really u r like my new hero..!!
well just wanted u to know..
kisses